Sunday, December 30, 2012

Changing the system - An allegorical story

The medical report was impossible to ignore. SYSTEM CRITICAL!


Muscle tissues had eroded. Had Blamed the sedentary work.Cholesterol was touching the roof. Had blamed the wife for not cooking right. The stress test would blow a fuse. Blamed the boss for it.


I was absolutely sure i had blamed the right people all along. But somehow, the blames hadnt helped over the years. Nothing changed. What had i done to deserve this? A possible death in one year? I felt so helpless!


Enough was enough! Something had to be done! All these bloody bosses had to be killed. Tough times demand tough measures. But then who would run the company? It was a mess anyway, but it is where my family bread came from. Guess i would have to endure the pain in this godforsaken company. i felt so helpless! Why did somebody not do something?


But enough was enough! I am not even sure i could trust the report in the first place. The doctors nowadays are no less corrupt. Might lie to sell the next medicine on the block and earn a fat commission. But the problem was i had to do something! Before i ended up dead for no fault of mine! I could not change the boss, the company, the wife or the doctor. I was damned to work with what i have.


Well, so be it! Something had to be done to improve the system!!!


So for the first time in 15 years....i decided to exercise. Just imagine! I wasting one hour of my life, day after day...for someone elses fault!


But the problems began as soon as i hit the gym. The mind said "it was time to act. And very soon. Eough was enough. Something radical had to be done. My system had to change and become strong in a week max" The gym instructor did not share my seriousness. Kept blabbering some philosophical  crap about it is a slow process, huge chnages are not possible, taking small steps at a time if any real change had to come, trying to not just work on the system but myself first. How i wished he could save his crap for some lecture.  Culdnt he understand the seriousness? It was time to ACT! Not engage in philosophy! These damn philosophers posing as pseudo instructors! Did they even know what the real world was like?? Would it a surprise if my system did not change if left at the mercy of these fools?


But things had to get worse. As soon as i picked up the first dumb bell for my biceps, my heart refused to cooperate. "i have had enough!" they said. "i have been exploited enough. I pump the blood, and biceps get the benefit!" The biceps were not polite either..."have you seen how much fat you have stored inside you over the years you fat loaf? Have you observed what happens if you have to pump blood at even a bit faster rate? We are the victims here! Had it not been for you, this system would be great. Not looking at the face of death" how could i work with weights if the parts of the system were busy calling each other a burden in the first place. Decided to try simple walking.  Why the heck could they not understand that they were all parts of the same system? The heart was only as good as the heavy lifting the biceps had done. The biceps could only expect the amount of blood that they had made the heart to pump over the years! But they would never understand. Incompetent fools!


"I understand" said the pinky finger on my left foot,"but i am just a little finger on the left foot. Whats gonna change by me trying to work? Imagine the huge improvements we could have achieved if these so called leaders...these hands...the legs...the heart for god sake...just did their job right!"


The legs were hopeless "how dare you blame us? Do you remember how you bought a beautiful watch for the left hand? Ask your dearie to help you out now"


As a last resort i pleaded the right leg. After all it was the dominant one and could put its foot down more strongly. "i will not fall for your sweet talk" it said. "do you know that the left leg hogs the nutrients for nothing. Am i dominant only when it comes to work? Why should i share? The first right on this section of the nutrients should be mine!!!"


Finally it gave in after i read the medical report one more time. Started to walk half heartedly dragging its feet. The left leg obliged grudgingly. But it lasted for about ten minutes only. I checked my system quickly. The biceps, hips, back, forearms, calves, abs were all still the same!! Nothing had changed!! "i told you so" said the right leg "what can i do alone? Quit dreaming and be happy with what you have! Even if you are aout to kill yourself. I am sure your brain would conjure up some poetry about your indomitable spirit, your ability to not get affected by events and get back on your feet and other sweet things. Life is short. Have fun!!"


I felt so helpless. It wasnt my fault to begin with. But i still tried, didnt i? If only these parts understood that there is no system. They ARE the system. They landed themselves into the bad events they we trying to delude themselves out of! Life was short. But they had made it much shorter! And painful! And were living in denial!


Its been two years now. My heart suffered yet another shock when the reports came out. When will these fools learn? When will things change? I pray for myself with all my heart. But even God does not seem to care...hey wait, what's this poster..."...sometimes its not your fault, but you still suffer...its unfair..." Exactly!! Atlast somebody who understands!! "...you have tried everything, but nothing seems to work.." Wow!! I love this guy!! "...Its no use blaming yourself, it's a lie manufactured by those pseudo intellectuals..." Exactly!! "Because the real problem is somebody ELSE..NOT you!!! IF your boss had been a good boss, you would not have been stressed. If the politicians had done their job right, you would not be suffering this harrowing commute...." Atlast somebody who has the courage to admit the truth, and say it out aloud!!! "...I will offer you a way to control them, to stop them..There is always light at the end of the tunnel. Are you prepared to devote yourself to me, to get the happiness that was RIGHTFULLY yours???? .....Contact: Baba Hitler"


Now THAT's the man I will surrender to...he can be my only saviour!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valued!

StatCounter